Conference Grants are aimed at supporting PhD students and ECI researchers (up to 8 years after PhD or full time equivalent) from an institution located in a Participating ITC (Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Republic of Serbia and Turkey) to attend international conferences not organized by the COST Action.
Awarded grants are of up to a maximum of €2,500 to pay for conference and travel fees when a presentation (oral or poster) on the topic of this Action has been accepted and is listed in the official event/conference programme. Up to a maximum of €500 can be claimed for the conference fees to be incurred by the selected grantee. Virtual conference fees can be considered eligible provided all other eligibility conditions are fulfilled.
To apply, the applicant should complete a profile in e-cost and use the online application form.
This form should include:
1. For participation in virtual meetings with small fees (<200€).
- Very brief CV of the applicant (max. 2 pages) and information about the conference (dates and location, webpage indicating preliminary program and registration fees, submitted abstract, and email from organizers with acceptance of poster or oral presentation).
- Evaluation will be made within one week at most by the ITC conference grant committee.
- After the conference, a link to the final program and a two sentence report is required to proceed with payment, which will be made after approval of report by the ITC conference grant committee.
2. For participation in in-person meetings and in virtual meetings with large fees (>200€).
- Brief CV of the applicant (max. 2 pages) and a letter of motivation (max. 2 pages) including relevant information on the conference (dates and location, submitted abstract, and proof from organizers of acceptance for poster or oral presentation), a brief description of the applicant’s involvement with the COST Action, their interest in the conference and the requested amount.
- Evaluation and final determination will be made by the ITC conference grant committee.
- After the conference, a short written report will be sent to email@example.com. Payment will be made following approval of the report by the ITC conference grant committee.
Additional information can be found at https://www.cost.eu/funding/how-to-get-funding/documents-and-guidelines/. Go to “Vademecum” or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.